Welcome to Kentucky Justice Online!
This free service allows eligible Kentucky residents to post legal questions to volunteer lawyers. Lawyers who have agreed to participate in this program will choose questions that they want to answer. To use this website, you must first qualify for help.
How it works
- First, you must agree to our terms and conditions and complete the new user registration process to determine if you meet our eligibility requirements. To start this process, please click on "New User" below. You will then answer a series of questions about you, your income, and your legal problem. All your answers will be kept confidential. The lawyer who responds will only know your name and your question.
- If you meet our eligibility requirements, you will then be able to sign in to the website and create a password. You should keep your password a secret. Please remember your password because you will need it to sign in again when your question has been answered.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you may sign in and ask your question.
- Your question will be posted for 14 days. We cannot guarantee that a volunteer attorney will choose to answer your question. If you have a court date, we cannot guarantee that your question will receive an answer before your court date.
- If a lawyer provides an answer to your question, you will receive an email informing you. You must then come back to this website and sign in to read the answer. If the answer isn't clear, you may ask follow-up questions.
- We will not be able to offer assistance if you already have an attorney or are currently incarcerated. Our volunteer attorneys are also unable to answer questions about criminal law matters. (Please note: Expungement and Domestic Violence cases are NOT criminal matters.)
Have you been here before? Click the sign in button to see your answer or ask a new question.