Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
The HouseWorks Program helps Kentucky homeowners living in rural communities pay for common household projects, such as plumbing problems and roof repairs. HouseWorks is the result of a partnership between Kentucky Housing and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development. Funding for the HouseWorks Program comes from both KHC and USDA.

Nearly any critical improvement that makes your home more livable is eligible. Some of the items that may be financed include: indoor plumbing, pumping systems, wells, windows, doors, roofing, siding, floors, insulation, heating, handicap accessibility, roofing, heating systems and weatherization.

Any homeowner who meets the income guidelines and lives in a rural area of the Commonwealth may apply. The amount you can receive is based on your income level, need, and, in some cases, age.HouseWorks applications are available from your local USDA Rural Development office. A list of local offices is available at Or call the USDA State Office in Lexington at (859) 224-7322.

Reviewed August 2009