Injured Spouse Claims

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

If you filed a joint tax return and your tax refund was seized for delinquent child support obligation, but the support is owed by the other parent and you are not responsible for the debt, you can file IRS Form 8379 [PDF file], Injured Spouse Allocation. This page on the IRS website has more information.

Reviewed September 2009