Offices Near You
Kentucky has four programs that provide a wide range of legal services to low income and elderly Kentuckians:
- AppalReD Legal Aid serves eastern and south central Kentucky.
- Kentucky Legal Aid serves western Kentucky.
- Legal Aid of the Bluegrass serves northern and central Kentucky.
- Legal Aid Society serves Louisville and the surrounding counties.
Search for your local office by selecting from a map of Kentucky counties.
Other programs carry out special missions or serve specific groups of Kentuckians:
- The Access to Justice Foundation hosts the Legal HelpLine for Older Kentuckians, 1-800-200-3633. For Kentuckians who are 60 and older, this HelpLine offers advice on legal issues, Medicare, and Medicaid. The Access to Justice Foundation also works to increase support for legal services and provides training for legal services staff and private attorneys who help provide free legal services in Kentucky.
- The Appalachian Law Center provides free legal services to people and groups on legal issues related to coal mining, logging, drilling, and other similar practices in Central Appalachia. The Center also handles federal black lung benefits claims and mine safety discrimination cases.
- The Children's Law Center, Inc. serves Kentucky's children in several ways. The Center provides lawyers, does research, works for child-friendly policies, and provides training and education to attorneys and others regarding the rights of children.
- The Kentucky Resources Council, Inc., a membership-based non-profit group, provides legal and technical assistance without charge to low-income individuals, community groups, and communities on air, waste, water, resource extraction and development issues.
- The Maxwell Street Legal Clinic, 859-233-3840, provides legal advice and representation in immigration cases.
- The Kentucky Equal Justice Center, 859-233-3057, acts in partnership with local legal services programs to address needs of low income Kentuckians that cannot be served by typical legal service providers. KEJC also advocates for policy reform and brings high impact legal cases on behalf of underserved populations.