Tax Information for Innocent Spouses

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

After a divorce or separation, the IRS may be trying to collect taxes from you that you think your spouse or ex-spouse should have to pay. Either you didn't understand that your taxes weren't fully paid, or, for other reasons, it would be unfair to make you pay now. Find out if you may be eligible for this tax relief and how to file for it by visiting the IRS page on tax information for innocent spouses:,,id=130302,00.html

Reviewed August 2009