Veterans' Resources - Children of Veterans / Military Dependents

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
A selection of resources for children of veterans / military dependents.

Information from the Department of Veterans Affairs (

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) ( has resources for mental health and substance abuse services for veterans and their families.

United States Department of Defense - Family Advocacy Program:

TRICARE ( is the health care program serving active duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, retirees, their families, survivors and certain former spouses worldwide. Information from TRICARE:

Defense Financing and Accounting Service has information on obtaining medical benefits through a member of the military [pdf]

Scholarships for military children:

Child Care - Information from the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA):

Reviewed June 2010