Interactive Form: Security Deposit Demand Letter

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Your landlord may ask you for a security deposit, which is money to pay for any damages beyond normal wear and tear that happen during the time you live in the home. Damages include not only damaged property, but also failure to clean, pay rent, pay late fees, or give notice before you move.

If there are not any damages beyond normal wear and tear then the landlord must return the security deposit to you or give you a list of damages you have done and the amount he has withheld from the security deposit to repair those damages within 30 days of the termination of the lease.

Click here to begin your Security Deposit Demand Letter

NOTE: You must have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer to use the interactive forms. Download it for free here.

Reviewed October 2010